Thursday, April 10, 2014
6:00pm to 8:00pm
Join me in the Big Gym for cool science and engineering activities.
- Join me and try: o Cotton Ball Catapult – Build a catapult and see how far your cottonball travels.
- Flinker – Can you design an object, using only styrofoam peanuts and paperclips, that neither sinks nor floats, but “flinks” in the middle of a tub of water?
- Flipbook – This is how animation started! Create your own “mini-movie.”
- Canine House of Cards – Using just tape and index cards explore what shapes are strong enough to hold up the weight of a dog biscuit (no snacking!).
- Cup Tower – A Hosmer favorite — how can we not bring it back? How high can you build using paper cups?
- Toothpick Bridge – Using mini-marshmallows and toothpicks, how long a bridge can you build.
- All this fun and dinner too! Dinner will be served in the café.
**Volunteers Needed!… email TheaSahr@gmail.com**
Science Night is generously supported by a grant from the Belmont Savings Bank Foundation.